In case of joint discomfort with knees or other joints, you will indeed have been advised by friends, family, or professionals to use an arnica gel. Although an excellent remedy, especially to regain mobility, there is something else to be associated with, mainly to work on the causes of these disorders.
Let us then try to clarify the particular problems and understand how to intervene by removing discomfort and, at the same time, avoiding their continuous recurrence.
Joint discomfort: what is it about?
The joints are structures placed between two bones that allow their movement. The first joints that are usually felt are those subjected to more significant efforts, i.e. knees, shoulders, wrists and elbows and what you feel is:
- Constant annoyance
- Rigidity, particularly in the morning hours, is characterised by slowness in moving the joint
- Limitation of movement, which can lead to difficulties in carrying out even the simplest movements
If you do not proceed to support well-being, these discomforts, initially occasional, can worsen.
What to pay attention to
Let’s see, first of all, the factors that cause more significant stress to the joints:
- Excess weight, high weight weighs on joints
- Excessive pressure for intense physical exertions, e.g. when lifting heavy weights
- Incorrect postures resulting from the use of devices, computers and smartphones, and sedentary jobs
- Some sports may overstretch joints, such as running
Finally, age must also be considered because ,as age increases, cartilages are gradually altered, components of the joints that, like a “bearing”, cushion the frictions between the bones.
If reducing risk factors is not enough or possible, how to maintain the normal function of joints and cartilages?
Also, act from the inside
In this case, nature helps us with natural extracts to support the joints. These are combined in food supplements to perform a complete action:
- The Devil’s Claw, for example, is an ally for joint function, which can be associated with Vitamin C, which contributes to the formation of collagen for the part of cartilages to perform a double action of the product.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin are cartilage components that can be used in supplements. If before the only source was animal, today, fortunately, there are alternatives suitable for those who follow a vegan diet.
The advantage of the supplements lies in their practicality, especially in soluble stick packs, which can be taken without water and at any time.
What about the Arnica Gel?
You don’t have to stop using it, but as we said, it’s excellent support, especially for massages that promote joint mobility. You can also consider gels with multiple components, such as Devil’s Claw or Boswellia, to enhance the action of Arnica. Even better if the gel has a cold effect of giving rapid relief, especially if the areas are hot and swollen.
Arnica gel is the alternative to always have in the drawer but do not forget that the inside is also beneficial.
Curated by Dr. Laura Rubini
Food supplements should not be seen as substitutes for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Read the warnings on the package before taking it.