Every year the water retention is more. How can we get rid of this situation?
What is water retention?
Water retention refers to an excessive buildup of fluids in the circulatory system, body tissues or cavities in the body. It can happen to anyone’s circulatory system. Most of the time, people severely swell up in lower limp, in particular thighs, glutes and ankles.
Drink a lot of water, at least 1.5 litre of water a day
Why is water important?
• It eliminates “stagnation”. It helps eliminating waste through urine, sweat and bowel movements.
• It rids intestine: dehydration lead to constipation. Drinking makes faecal bulk softer, helps the transit and the elimination of waste substances.
Eat less salt and in general meals that are high in salt like cold cuts, cheddars and pretzels.
The common advice for reducing water retention is to decrease sodium intake.
• Limit the consumption of ready-to-cook meals
• When you cook Pasta, add salt when it is cooked, in order to reduce the salt absorption.
• Increase the consumption of spices to enhance the flavour of foods.
Increase the consumption of fruits, vegetables, fibres and whole grain cereals because they help the intestinal wellness.
Be careful about Pizza!
Raw vegetables have better diuretic action than cooked vegetables. Cooked vegetables loose their water during the cooking.
Sport is important but:
• It is important to avoid sports of energy because the could increase the production of lactic acid.
• The recommended activity is long and low-intensity aerobic exercise like walking, riding or swimming for 30/40 minutes 2/3 times a week.
• Swimming and water aerobics bring 2 benefits: to consume calories and to promote the circulation through the massage of water.
WHAT TO AVOID IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE ACCUMULATION OF FLUIDS
-To wear heels or tight shoes
-To stand up for a long time, if it is necessary for work, sometimes you can stay on your toes.
-To have bad posture, for example with your legs crossed.
-Sedentary life and rapid weight-loss.
-To smoke and drink alcohol, wine, beer and spirits.
How to promote the elimination of excess liquids
Water retention is caused by an accumulation of liquids, some substances could help women affected by this disorder.
Birch, Hibiscus, Equisetum, Green Tea and Mouse-ear hawkneed help the drainage of liquids; also Pineapple is useful against cellulite.
The synergy of these components lets a 360° action. Also Yerba Mate and Guaranà stimulate metabolism and help the balance of body weight.